Friday, November 20, 2009

Research Paper

On music changing; evolving music changes.. well lets see.. My cousin used to listen to Eminem, then he started listening to Linkin Park, then he listend to Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osborne. From there he moved on to slipknot. After slipknot he moved onto some other hardcore metal stuff. All of a sudden i hear he listens to rancheras and corridos (which is like Mexican ghetto music).






This is an evolving music change that just happened perhaps spontaneously or it had to do with his gender and ethnicity. I would say gender because I believe men can take more pride in liking corridos as opposed to girls. Ethnicity because to be into corridos, chances are likely that you are Mexican. After doing some research, I found out that there has not been many similar inquires done about this; doing this survey and experiment was going to be harder than I thought.

The only similar research was on elementary kids in 1979, and he redo for it in 2008. They both showed that the kids were into rock in the 70's and hiphop more now in days. This was not as useful as i hoped it would be, so my paper ended up looking a bit whack.
I read more and I found a lot of research papers with a common reference that i could not successfully find. It was a paper on old people's music tastes. A high percentage of old people like music that was popular when they were in their "prime", or just younger years; the years i focused in on my research paper. The difference is that i saw the changes within those years. I made an excell chart and saw that most people have changes, only a few stay constant. One person that stayed constant was into Pop music, and the other two were into Alternative Rock. What does this mean? I don't know, we need more research on this just to know these things..and probably profit-of of them one day.

No comments: